Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday deals!

I finally got over to Walgreens today to work the Kellogg's deal that is all the rage right now. I was out of town half of July and hadn't been doing much shopping while gone. I also didn't get my Sunday papers until I got back and I spent most of this week getting my coupons back in order (along with teacher in-service). So I finally made it over today. I was worried they'd be sold out, but amazing enough, I got everything I wanted/needed for the deal!

2 boxes Frosted Flakes @ $2.50 each
2 boxes of Special K @ $2.50 each
2 boxes of Rice Krispie Treats @ $2 each
2 pacakges of cookies @ $2 each
2 boxes of Pop Tarts @ $2 each
2 Glade candles @ $1.99 each

I used the following coupons:
$1/2 Frosted Flakes
$1/2 Special K
$1/2 Rice Krispie Treats
$1/2 cookies
$1/2 Pop Tarts
(2) $1/1 Glade candle

Total spent $21.12 ($4.39 on rebate gift card, $16.73 cash)

I should have received 2 $5 RR's for the Kellogg's stuff, but only received one. The manager gave me $5.39 back in cash for the 2nd one. He "returned" 2 boxes of cereal so gave me tax back as well. I love this new manager!! I'll then submit the 2 candles for $1/1 rebates from Walgreens, and then send in for the $10 Kellogg rebate.

$21.12 - $5 RR - $5.39 cash - $2.20 (plus the 10%) candle rebate - $10 Kellogg rebate = -$1.47!!!

I guess MoneySavingMom is not doing Super Savings Saturday. But it is still DrugstoreDivas at The "Cent"sible Sawyer today!

No comments:

 
blog template by this website