I've been reading a lot of blogs lately about saving money with tips on couponing, sales, etc. One big thing that people who do this all the time is shop at Walgreens and/or CVS. We don't have a CVS here, but Walgreens is on every street corner practically. Every month, they have different rebates - many of them free after rebate. Since I live in TN, I can even submit my refunds online. In addition, you can use coupons, and most stores (from what I understand) will allow you to "stack" coupons (use a store coupon PLUS a manufacturer's coupon).
So here is what I got last night and today:
I spent a total of $31.89.
Seem like a lot?
Well, I will be getting back $20.47 in rebates. Plus, if you do it on gift card instead of check, you get 10% extra. I plan on doing that, so my rebate will be $22.52. (I plan on doing this again in the future at Walgreens, so getting a gift card for 10% extra makes perfect sense. Next month I can use the card instead of my money to buy things before rebates.)
So, grand total spent for all of the above? $9.37
Here's how it panned out:
- Shampoo was free after rebate. It was $3.99, so I'll get a $3.99 rebate on it. In addition, I had a $1 off coupon that I used.
- The pads? Oh how I LOVE this deal!!!! They were on sale for 2/$5. I had coupons to get $2 off 1 package. I printed off 4 coupons (the max allowed) - so I spent 50 CENTS a package!!!
- The body soap (that smells HEAVENLY BTW) was also free after rebate and sold for $4.49. In addition, I had a coupon for 75 cents off.
- The candles were on sale for $2.50 each with a $1 rebate (each) on them. In addition, I had a $2 off for 2 coupon. Final cost on these will be 50 cents each!!
- The razor was $9.99 and free after rebate. Sadly, I could not find a coupon for it. But regardless, I'll take a free razor any day - and I LOVE Venus razors.
- The soup was on sale for 99 cents and I had a coupon for $2, but they didn't take it. I should have had them take the soup off. Oh well.
- I paid full price ($5.49) for the Burts Bees chap stick because I needed some more and LOVE Burts Bees even if it is a bit pricey. So if you take the Burts Bees out, I really only spent $3.37 for everything up there!!!!
They have many other things on rebate with some things free like men's deodorant, contact solution, etc. The rebated items go until the 23rd. But the sale prices end today. (I must try to figure out a way to print more pad coupons off......... if I can, it'd so be worth the trip back out since they're just down the street.)
I also made a Dollar Tree run today - I am in love with that place too!! :) Spent just over $12 there and got some good deals (as usual).